11am........

11am........
I'm so glad you popped in, I'll put the kettle on and you grab yourself a chair - a good a time as any to stop for a brew. Enjoy...

Thursday, 15 November 2012

What a delightful way to end the day

Today was a strange day. With a delightful twist at the end.

It was with dread I went to work but it is now done and I have a weight lifted off me. I can smile, really smile, not just pretend.

When I got home, the postie had left a parcel at my back door and just looky looky what gorgeous goodies had arrived......


I'd entered a give-away generously sponsored by Penelope from L is for Love
for  some 'skinny yarn' she had fallen out of love with.
I was really chuffed when she said that my name had been selected.

So when a parcel arrived today.....
I was quite surprised at the shape of it!

The yarn was there - in the most hearty-love paper bag



But - be still my happy heart - look what else was hiding inside....

I certainly didn't expect all the lovely extras she'd thoughtfully wrapped and added to the yarn.

Cheerful yellow vintage knitting pins
ooh yum yum


And a wrapped parcel within a parcel -
even more intriguing..... 


Oh ho ho! How wonderful!


I am going to have such fun !


Oh oh oh!


And, all the while, some one small and furry was showing interest 
at all the excitement 



A little face kept peaking over the corner of the table
while I was taking photos of the yarn


A  happy smiley face!

Thank you Penelope - as I said in my email - your timing was perfect
thank you thank you thank you!



6 comments:

  1. A lovely smiley face- now what yarn mischief is being planned?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to end the day. Looks like Christmas came early. Here's to many more happy days in the future. Glad Pan approves!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh can't wait to see what you end up doing - what a lovely little fuzzy face in the last photo. She has some really happy 'chops'

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha, I love the last picutre. What lovely give away - well done for winning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do tell what you're going to knit, it all looks a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I can see why you were excited with your parcel. I do like the cake on the front of the book and look forward to you making one....

    As for Pan, well she brought her own thoughts on your post (I would like to play with those new balls of yarn!).

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for meandering by today - I'm so glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you,

Hawthorn x
Sadly anyone signing anonymous will not be published

http://hawthorntime.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...