11am........

11am........
I'm so glad you popped in, I'll put the kettle on and you grab yourself a chair - a good a time as any to stop for a brew. Enjoy...

Tuesday, 11 October 2011

I must have been a cat......

......in my past life.

Any hoo enough of that woolly stuff, I have some crochet purrgress to share.

Remember this?  *{shudder}*

Well,  I seriously wasn't that impressed with my first attempt so armed with gritty determination (ok with a different hook, different yarn and different pattern) I tried again - and success! Woo hoo!


 A before shot with original string bag I purchased on holiday and below that the empty bag. Now with the obligatory 4 oranges and then stuffed full with things I found on the dining room table (oof - better do some major tidying up!)

But messy house aside - I am so so pleased with the results, it was quick and it was easy and I found it on Ravelry. It took me a bit to get my head around it but I am not that brilliant at reading patterns, tending rather to 'read' the photographs instead.

Ok,  details...............
Yarn - 100% wool - before you think how extravagant!! - its carpet wool, tough as old boots and strong enough to use as an elephant trap
Time - one car journey (approx 3 hours) minus map reading, nibbling, drinking tea, chatting, map reading, nibbling and drinking tea and oh yes - map reading
Cost - free - how frugalicious is that?!
Happy-happyness - pretty high :)
Do it again? - yes definitely.

Purrrrrr purrrrr purrrr  =^.,.^=

***************************

Still on the crochet happiness high - I am trying something new. I saw a picture on the net sometime, somewhere, filed it in my head (where it got lost for some time) then suddenly the 'image' reappeared in my mind and I fancied crafting them. It was a string of crochet bunting and they looked really cute. 

So off I went to try and find this image again and see if there was a pattern and try as I might - I can not find it. 

Never mind. So also while on our jolly to Galloway - I tried making them. Several froggings later, frantic scribbling out of and re-writing of a 'pattern' I think I have gone some way in creating my 'image' 



But, until I am TOTALLY happy with my crafting, I am keeping it under wraps and who knows - I might even share the pattern. So until then, I shall just tease you with the pile of coloured cottons and crochet mess on the table - purr purr purr purrrr...........

Before I go I want to say    T*H*A*N*K  Y*O*U  for all your lovely comments and suggestions what to do with my last attempt at the mesh bag - they all made me laugh. I love the idea of it being a laundry bag (Radish's mum and Maria) or  pumpkin shopping (Melissa Plank) or elephant shopping (K) and as for a swimming costume - thanks ladies you know who you are!! (Lovely Lady, Sarah and Cat)



Hava lovely Tuesday xxxxxx 

10 comments:

  1. love it, wish I could crochet :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new net bag, turned out brill this time :D good for you!!!
    That pile of yarn is interesting, hmmmm can't wait to see what you're up to...
    Karen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you with the new bag; your theory worked well. I would still advise re modifying the pattern for a swimwear garment....

    Hopefully I'll see it 'in the flesh' on Knit N Knatter night this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new bag and I love the colour. Where do you get carpet wool from - never heard of that before?
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely, I feel inspired to have a go but if I don't get time I may be asking a friend if she'd mind making one for me (hint hint). No carpet wool here either, perhaps that's another commercial venture?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad it passed the four orange test! Looks good. See it at Knit N Knatter (and knibble) on Thursday. :>) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your second bag worked out - the last one really did make me chuckle ;)

    Can't wait to see your bunting (so I hope it works out well enough that you want to share!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done - great bag!
    And free too? Marvellous.
    Have a good week.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for meandering by today - I'm so glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you,

Hawthorn x
Sadly anyone signing anonymous will not be published

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

http://hawthorntime.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...