I want to share some warmth and love with the Japanese people who have suffered so much as they try to come to terms with the earthquake and tsunami.
With that in mind, I am going to make blankets and am asking for help in making crochet and knitted squares. If you would like to join in please contact me through my email on my profile with 'Kyōyū kyōyū - share' in the subject line.
I have started a separate blog called Kyōyū kyōyū - share where any one who joins in will be listed along with their country and a blog link (if you have one) and where I will also keep you up to date with progress of the blankets.
I know it is only a small token effort on my part compared to the pain and loss being felt over there, but, like said, I really really need to do something to help - and I hope you can join me
*****************************
Count me in....I will send the email today. I will also link to this on my blog....x
ReplyDeleteThank you Andrea, glad you can join, will send details x
ReplyDeleteI had hoped you would come up with this idea as I felt it was something I could do.
ReplyDeleteI'll email you as a reminder; it has been (and will be for months to come) an awful chain of events; so hard to understand the term 'they have lost everything'
Thank you LL, :) it was the 'lost everything' that really struck home, that sense of complete and utter 'nothing left' must be such a hard and hollow blow. Unfathomable x
ReplyDeleteCount me in too. I've made enough Kitty blankies to keep Cat's League happy - only too glad to help with this worthwhile project. :>) xx
ReplyDeletewhat a wonderful idea :)
ReplyDeleteit's hard to take in what you're seeing on the tv, unimaginable ...
unfortunately, i can neither knit or crochet but will be cheering your efforts on and sending lots of positive creative thoughts your way :)x