11am........

11am........
I'm so glad you popped in, I'll put the kettle on and you grab yourself a chair - a good a time as any to stop for a brew. Enjoy...

Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Be still my beating heart

Oh shawlette, dear dear shawlette - how I love thee.

We had a tumultuous relationship but now, oh now I forgive you all your tantrums (and mine).

You lead me on, you teased me and then you almost broke my heart. Then you changed.


We changed. Changed for the better.

From here, I can see you out on your blocking towel looking sharp and seductive in your yarnful manner. How my heart swoons as I yearn to wear you.

I had,briefly, before blocking, wrapped you around my neck and it was love love love.

Sigh.



I love you so much - I have picked up my needles and started another! Oh fickle me. hehehehe


And in case you ask -
Yarn - no idea, gifted from a friend, has a mixture of fibres in it and works up beautifully
Pattern - stockinette stitch with 4 increases on every knit row with a cobbled up lace pattern that relies on lots of k2tog and ssk and even more YO!
Love value? - oh yes definately!
Do again - see above.


The most true to the original colour is the third photograph down - it is difficult to get a good colour on such a drab wet day - oh what an excuse to wear my new shawlette!!

6 comments:

  1. how very industrious you are and how lovely it looks. The 1940s weekend looked interesting too and I know what you mean about teenagers and what they find suitable clothing for cold and wet conditions. Hope he's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello have just found your blog and love it for your crochet and walks, we are always after ideas for new walks with our two children. A quick question, as I have read back through some of your crochet posts and realised you are left handed as am I, do you crochet left or right handed? I am trying to teach myself left handed - it is not easy! Any tips?! Thank you Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the shawlette this morning - it looks absolutely fabulous. None of the pictures show how terrific it looks being worn! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very good.
    I knitted an entrelac shawl once, my mind was boggled for days and then something clicked and it was beautiful. Have fun knitting the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Hawthorn
    How lovely and it looks so difficult to make....that comment of course comes from a non knitter!
    The yarn is wonderful and those colours could could go with so much. I'm itching to get started on another shawl for myself but got a baby blanket request from my sister who will soon be a grandmother. sigh...putting that off again!!!
    Many thinks for your comment on my last post :-)

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful. Glad you and your shawl 'made things up' in the end, the relationship sounded a bit rocky at one point!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for meandering by today - I'm so glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you,

Hawthorn x
Sadly anyone signing anonymous will not be published

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

http://hawthorntime.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...