A Featured Crafter - Marta - Quilter extraordinaire!
I just have to show off a friend of mine's handiwork - actually the word handiwork does not describe the wonderful craft(wo)manship that occurred in the creation of a most wonderful quilt. She is part of our knit and natter group and over the weeks we have oohed and aahed at her beautiful work.
And just to whet your appetite - a photo, taken at a struggle as it needed four of us to hold it up!
I stand in awe of what Marta has created -
but enough of my waffle,
follow
this link and I shall let her tell you in her own words.
Wow - that looks (sounds) like an awful amount of work - but just look at the results!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful
ReplyDeleteAm I the only one who can see dancers in the four cornered 'stars' - beautiful work - well done Marta
ReplyDeleteSarah and Cat - I shall pass on your comments, thank you
ReplyDeleteMoonshadow - I had had similar thoughts, cheerful exuberant dancers!
I've passed along some sunshine to you at my blog :)
ReplyDeleteMagnificent! It looks sparkly to me...like little lights on it...it's beautiful! So much love and work!
ReplyDeletefabulous
ReplyDeleteSummertime D - thank you :)
ReplyDeleteartteachergirl - it is lovely isn't. I admire her dedication and her accuracy - I am more of your 'slap it on and see' type!
Angela - it is beautiful and she has recently displayed some of her her work and won the 'people choice'- most deservedly we think