11am........

11am........
I'm so glad you popped in, I'll put the kettle on and you grab yourself a chair - a good a time as any to stop for a brew. Enjoy...

Monday, 20 September 2010

20.9.10 - A pleasurable 'turn' of events - attempt number 5**

There something deeply satisfying about re-winding a ball of yarn into a lovely squat 'block'. 

This must rate as one of my favourite bad weather pastime, ideal when it is lashing it down outside with rain or   flurries snow. Perfect for winter evenings. Seeing those blocks stacked up ready for use just gets me all excited and ready to start the next project! It must have universal appeal as I often have this particular pleasure begged off me by one or other or sometimes both of my boys. I am fascinated how the whirling top creates the most perfect shape. I love how when using the 'eyelash' yarn it becomes all charged with static and fluffs out like an indignant cat! And if you listen carefully, when you put your fingers near, you can hear the crackle of the charge - love it love it LOVE IT!


Am I the only one who has this sort of quirkly love affair with an inanimate object?

(mind you - it can be very animated when in action!)
Go on, spill the beans - what do you love?

*************************************

** attempt number 5 (done over the course of three days) - Blogger and I seem to be having a very one sided affair at the moment, I have tried and failed to upload a video of the wool winder in action and Blogger seems hell bent on being very unhelpful so - in the absence of the video Eldest helped me - here are a couple of pictures



***********************

It has been a very good start to the week - APART FROM THE FAILED ATTEMPTED AT LOADING THE VIDEO (yes I am shouting in the vain hope that blogger will hear me!!)

Looky looky - I just  have to show you this - you can imagine my delight when I opened a bag gifted to me by one of my knit and natter friends and found these nestling inside. 
Oooh - such rich colours! 
Oooh what could I make, 
ooh ooh such excitement!! 
Those colours glow so-oo warmly, the wool is so soft and I can imagine a deliciously warm winter shawl. 
Hmmmm yum yum



And more colour feast for your eyes - the crochet throw is growing....




It is so soft and snuggly - I will be sorry to see it go, 
but I might just make another 
but this time make it for me!!


So much yarn, so many ideas, so so little time!

1 comment:

  1. fab. still doing my winding by hand must put a winder on my xmas list. Love the new blankie but to have that wool gifted - so lucky, it's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for meandering by today - I'm so glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you,

Hawthorn x
Sadly anyone signing anonymous will not be published

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

http://hawthorntime.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...