This was a bit of a problem as I didn't actually having anything to knit with other than stash.
So.....I started a stash-busting scarf.
It is nearly double the length now, Youngest has already wrapped it around his neck and made smiley mmmm mmmm noises - ah ha! A chrimbly pressie me thinks :)
Excuse me, off to knit a little more before going off to bed - going to try to pre-empt any work angst!!
Hello Hawthorn
ReplyDeleteNot sure if you've popped over to my blog this evening but I wanted to let you know that you are the winner of my little give-away. Congratulations! You now will have some more yarn to add to your stash :o) I know that almost desperate need to knit NOW!! I'm glad I am not the only one who feels like that. My email is : violetsandvelvet@gmail.com if you'd like to pop me an email with your postal address that would be great xox I also made a bit of a "Dr. WHo" type long multi-coloured scarf with left over bits from my stash last winter and it's now my most favourite scarf. Your's is looking fab x Penelope
It's growing quickly seems you've really picked up speed with the knitting or maybe it's just high stress levels. Stash busting is a good thing, it allows you to feel virtuous and makes room for more stash!
ReplyDeleteOh it is looking so good and snuggly. Most days I am thankful for my craft activities which I use to banish work from my mind. I spend a lot of time mulling over what to make next, anything to push work out of my mind. So I am with you on finding ways to de-stress.
ReplyDeleteLove the stash scarf - nicely stripey! Not surprised Youngest is eyeing it up! xx
ReplyDeleteWhat's the rather fabulous woolly animal nestling amongst the scarf?
ReplyDeleteI can't see that knitting scarves when you've got cold weather is escapism!!
ReplyDeleteAn aside- we're sleeping under a wwol filled duvet here in NZ- perfect for cold or hot weather!!
Saw this scarf in the flesh (or is it in the wool?) last night - the colours in the pictures do not do it justice. It is looking terrific - very suitable for whom it is intended! He will love it. xx
ReplyDeleteI was about to say the same as Jak but I have been beaten to the comments! It is so soft and snuggly too.
ReplyDelete