I am still managing to craft - albeit in smaller chunks than I would like...but that makes the 'making' only more precious. Snatched moments with yarn just before bedtime or in the car waiting for the boys to come out of school.
Last weekend we managed a walk out on my beloved dales. We re-trod a walk that had featured heavily in my mind all while my knee was out of action. I had an intense yearning to follow the path that lead us over stiles and through gates, across fields and alongside hills. I even managed to get a little K.I.P-ing** when we stopped for our lunch.
As long as the breeze didn't get in on the action - the autumnal sun was delicious and I decided it was a good time to wear and share my latest shawlette.
I was, I have to admit, not that impressed with the colour way as I worked through. Two of my least favourite colours - yellow and pink - kept coming up and on occasion had the audacity to sit alongside each other. I was, like said, not impressed.
But, once blocked and wrapped around my neck, I fell in love. And my shawlette loved me back. *sigh*
Am knitting another.................
Am addicted.
Don't care.
And - coz I know you ask
Yarn: Knitcol Trends 50gm (100% Lana Merino)
Pattern: The Age of Brass and Steam
Love?: Oh yes
Do again? (and again and again and again!)
**K.I.P-ing = Knitting In Public and in the absence of 'Public' substitute with sheep.




I'm all for k.i.p.ing but can you knit as you walk as you did when crocheting? I never managed either. xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shawlette, beautiful scenery and looks like an all round beautiful way to spend a beautiful day! I'm not crazy about yellow or pink much either, but they suit each other in the shawl...very pleasing. Hope the rest of your week is joyous and you get to knit more...sure the sheep hope so too:-)Best, Vicki
ReplyDeleteLovely photos,beautiful scenery and I love that shawlette.Shawlettes are great to knit aren't they,not too big a project.
ReplyDeleteI do like the idea of KIP.... I do CIP and BIP where C is crochet and B is braiding! Can recommend KIP or whatever variant you prefer to do. The bridge on your walk is one of my favourite photos of yours. Keep them coming.
ReplyDeletewe did the same walk a few weeks ago and on a similarly lovely day.
ReplyDeleteOooh, am loving the shawlettes you've been making. Inspired by the shades of brown/beige/cream one, I downloaded a similar pattern from Rav - turns out it's the Age of Steam one!! Have a lovely weekend x
ReplyDeleteHi, glad you dropped in! Great minds thin alike - apparently so do knitters :) good choice with the pattern - would love to see it when you finish x
DeleteBTW, seems lack of comms is due to browsing with Google Chrome. Have used IE to read your post tonight and had no trouble logging in and commenting from the Google account I blog with.
ReplyDeleteDon't ask me why - you'd think they'd like each other, coming from the same company!!???!
Just noticed you have changed the pictures on the top border of your blog. Pan will be pleased she is in the new set! Love the one of Lily peeping over the top of the table. xx
ReplyDelete