Right, where was I? - oh yes - basically the house is a tip..... We have had a lovely weekend and the evidence is everywhere.
It was Eldest's 14th birthday on Friday and we have this family tradition that the weekend nearest to a birthday belongs to that person. So, Friday night we had a surprise family party for him. He was delighted at family arriving unannounced with gifts and yummy nibbles. The celebrations carried on into Saturday as we spent the day in the Lakes for him, it was wonderful - so so lucky with the weather.
It is an odd feeling - having a 14 year old in your house. He's part child with feet bigger than mine, he is still young but he discusses huge issues like politics in the middle east and the student riots last summer. He wholly delves into huge historical books and can cook a mean gingerbread biscuit but can't remember to put his clothes to the wash or clean his teeth unless reminded.
Happy birthday my dearest boy !
A beautiful day with lovely long reaching views over Lake Windermere.
I have to say that I am touched by the amount and the content of the comments from my last posting - I am really glad to have made you chuckle or snort or laugh out loud - thank you :)

Belated Happy Birthday to Eldest. Seems you had a lovely day at The Lakes while we had rain at home....
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your Eldest!!!
ReplyDeleteI can remember when my eldest turned 14 (he's 18 now, and at uni)!!!
Lovely times
HaPpY BiRthDAy! to your Eldest!!! What a special age! Looks like the lake was a wonderful birthday choice. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteSounds like it was a lovely way to spend a birthday weekend. I too can remember when my eldest turned 14 - seems a lifetime away and also seems like yesterday! :>)xx
ReplyDeleteThank you all for your birthday wishes and thoughts xx
ReplyDeleteI'm so pleased that our blogs have stumbled across each other. I think I'm really going to enjoy reading yours!
ReplyDelete