11am........

11am........
I'm so glad you popped in, I'll put the kettle on and you grab yourself a chair - a good a time as any to stop for a brew. Enjoy...

Friday, 4 November 2011

Weaving, wandering attention span & woo hoo it's Friday!

 Thank you for all your suggestions and comments


Jane - I loved the idea of adding a 'sandy' strip to the seasidey colours, sadly the sandy colour I had just didn't agree with the lilac shade so I have saved that idea for later - I am planning to do another project in these colours coz I did loveyour cushion cover and I am a sucker for anything pseudo-seaside in lieu of not living alongside the coast!


Hag Jak and  Angela all suggested I stay with the odd number of colours and now that I have progressed I agree.




I was interested to see how many of you also had the sewing/weaving-in-of-ends problem and there have been some interesting answers.

Now - I thought I would share all weaving in suggestions with you lovely lot - let me know how they go!


Angela says that she threads a darning needle and weaves in away from the edge, turns the needle around a stitch and then weaves back DIRECTLY INTO the same thread - she reports that reduces the 'fluffy' end showing.


Jak mentioned that she weaves in initially away from the edge then turns 90 °, weaves down for a short way, snips off the end then gently pulls to hide the tufty bit - she says that works quite well. 


At knit and natter last night several variations were offered up: 
 weave in,go around a stitch then turn immediately back, 
laying the thread flat across the preceding row and crochet over it as you add the next row
pick up the thread and actually incorporate it with the next few stitches (although I wondered if this would make that particular stitch rather fat!)


Anhoo! - hope you can get something useful out of those suggestions :) 




I have decided I have a magpie mind and a short attention span - I just looked across to my wip shelves and see that it IS BURGEONING! Do you have that problem? 




So, just to make myself feel ok with the fact I have loads of things to finish - I took photographs in an artistic sort of way.....




And - in case you have'nt noticed
it is 
FRIDAY!

*yay!!* bring it on - I need this weekend :)

4 comments:

  1. I agree - it's Friday ...yipee. Even though retired I still view Friday as special. Years of looking forward to the weekend obviously never wears off, becomes ingrained in the system!! So..Yippee...it's Friday :>)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I like!

    Very calming colours and very reminisent (if that's how it's spelt???) of a hazy sea in summer.

    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blankets and the photos are gorgeous. I really like the colours on the yellowy, greeny one. Have a lovely weekend. Liz:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely comments on my cushion :)
    yes, you're right about the lilac, and it does look just gorgeous as it's coming on.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for meandering by today - I'm so glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you,

Hawthorn x
Sadly anyone signing anonymous will not be published

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

http://hawthorntime.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...