11am........

11am........
I'm so glad you popped in, I'll put the kettle on and you grab yourself a chair - a good a time as any to stop for a brew. Enjoy...

Wednesday, 1 December 2010

Counting - 1 .... first day of December

Counting down - marking time.



The boys - all three, set off early for school and work, Himself has just text me to say the queues are horrendous, poor him - he'll be late for work. The snow is causing all sorts of chaos. And-my-feet-are-cold!

It has been busy at work, and it seems that I am there more than at home at the moment. It is always like this with the lead up to chrimbly time, people seem to panic and often order extra early or order multiple quantities of their prescriptions. Which, if we were shutting for any length of time would be understandable but we only shut for two days.....2 as in one more than one!
Hey ho. (Or to be in keeping with the season - should that read....Ho Ho!?!)

Any hoo, I needed some hooky me-time and despite my eyes feeling like sandpaper last night and having as much oomph as a wet lettuce I started these...........


Little hearts of happiness.


Sorry about the colour, the sun hasn't really got up yet and the snow has made every where feel more dull today. Our house, despite having large windows can feel rather dark on a day like this.


Apple green basket weave scarf coming along slowly - bit disappointed in it though - the balls of yarn felt lovely and squishy and soft, but made up the scarf feels a bit 'firm' a bit 'hard' and I suspect the hook I am using is a too small - I shall probably have to rip rip rip rip it back :(  and start again with a larger hook. On the bright side - winter has started early so I  have a greater incentive to get on and finish!


I've just looked outside .................. and it's snowing again!

Woopee ( I think)

2 comments:

  1. C went to school this morning, snow worsened C came home this morning. After what feels like hours of snowball fights I have been allowed some felt time so know how you feel. Don't give up on the scarf I'm sure it'll be worth the effort :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do'you know - our schools closed too, only I couldn't get over the tops to get to them so they all set up camp with a friend until G was able to get there in the landrover - the joys of a northern winter and school children!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for meandering by today - I'm so glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you,

Hawthorn x
Sadly anyone signing anonymous will not be published

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

http://hawthorntime.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...